Tuesday 4 October 2011

My Daily Activities

Subject : English
Level    : Elementary
Previous Knowledge : Simple present tense, verbs for daily activities
Objectives : To write a letter to friend telling daily activities
Procedures:
1. Let the students brainstorm their daily activities and when they do it.
2. Tells your daily activities to students.
3. Get the students read the text (in the form of a letter).


Dear my new friends,



I am Linda. I am 12 years old and I am from Yogya. I go to SMP An Nur. I am in class 7A.



Let me tell you about my daily activities.

Every day I get up at 4.30 o’clock. Then, I make my bed, take a bath and pray Subuh. After that, I prepare the books and put them in my school bag. At 5.30, I have breakfast with my family. At 6.15, I go to school by bus. I study at school until 1 o’clock in the afternoon.



After school, I have lunch with my mother at home. Then, I take a nap for an hour. In the late afternoon, I help my mom to clean our house. Sometimes, I also play with my friends.



After praying Magrib, I read Al-Qur’an. Then, I have dinner with my family and pray Isya together. Around 7.15 p.m. I study in my bedroom. I usually go to sleep at 9 p.m.



Well, that’s all I can tell you about my daily activities.

How about yours? Please write me back and tell me about your activities.





Sincerely yours,





Linda

4. Give some comprehension questions for students regarding the text.
5. Get the students identify difficult words/phrases and invite them to discuss the meanings.
6. Ask students to write a letter for a friend next to him/her. The letter should tell the students' daily activities.
7. Provide feedback for students' writing (the use of grammar, appropriate vocabularies, and punctuation mark).

No comments:

Post a Comment