Grade : VII
Objective : at the end of the lesson, students will be able to ask and give personal information.
Method : presentation-practice-production
1. Question words
what, who, where, when, why, how, how many, how long, etc
2. Common questions to ask personal information
a. what's your name?
b. what's your address?
c. how old are you?
d. where do you live?
e. how many sisters do you have?
1. Video or recording (optional)
2. Small paper (the amount is according to the amount of students). Write numbers of half amount of students in two different paper. For example, there are twenty students in the class. Write number 1-10 in first ten small paper as well as in the second ten small paper.
- presentation -
1. Let the students brainstorm questions they often ask to their new friends and note them.
2. Add some common questions to ask personal information.
3. Play a recording containing interview of asking and giving personal information.
- practice -
4. Get the students practice pronouncing and using the questions.
5. Distribute the paper with numbers to the students.
6. Ask students having the same numbers to interview each other.
- production -
7. Get the students report the result of their interview orally or write the information on an identity card.
8. Provide feedback for students.